Bendigo Lookout tower
The present poppet head lookout tower was erected in 1931. It was shifted from the Garden Gully United mine which was one of Bendigo’s richest. During the gold rush a flag was flown from the top of Camp Hill to signal the arrival of mail. Because of the absence of trees which were cut down for the mines, the flag could be seen from all parts of Bendigo.