10 Best Sources of Information for Parents in Australia
Our guide for the 10 Best Sources of Information for Parents in Australia is designed to set you up for success. If you are a parent in Australia, you know that it can be tough to find information about the best schools, daycare centers, and other resources. With so much information out there, it can be hard to know where to start. That’s why we have put together this list of the 10 best sources of information for parents in Australia!
The 10 Best Resources for new parents to know:
- Raising Children Network: An Australian government-funded network that provides comprehensive parenting advice, based on research and evidence from experts.
- Nurse on Call: Is a great service offered by Governments around Australia. It’s free over-the-phone advice. NURSE-ON-CALL puts you directly in touch with a registered nurse for caring, professional health advice around the clock. Contact Details for Victoria’s Nurse on Call can be found here.
- Kids Health: A website full of reliable information and resources covering a range of topics, including nutrition, sleep and development. Find more here.
- Boobobutt – Is a Free App for parents. It’s Australia’s Fastest Growing Kids Activity Finder, Australia’s Number One Baby Change Facility Finder and Australia’s Number One Playground Finder. See more here. Also find great family friendly cafes and restaurants – make the transition to parenting easier and more social!
- Playgroups Australia: Find a community near you. Find a great group to join to increase your bus development and a find great support network for yourself.
- Child Care Finder: The comprehensive directory for finding childcare in Australia, with detailed information about different types of care and reviews of centres. Check out the tool here.
- Help Lines: Know the numbers to call. Find support and care at all hours of the day. Support is closer than it might seem.
- My School: My School is an online portal where parents can look up comprehensive school performance ratings, compare schools near them, and read reviews from other parents.
- Parenting Ideas: This helpful website provides the latest news and advice on parenting, as well as a range of resources to help busy parents stay organised.
- Good Shepherd: Good Shepherd provides support for families, women and children facing significant issues. Their vision is for all women, girls and families to be safe, well, strong and connected. Support is available.
Happy researching the 10 Best Information Sources for new parents!
These are just some of the best sources of information available to parents in Australia. Whether you’re just starting out on your parenting journey or looking for advice at any stage, these websites have plenty of helpful information to offer.
Meanwhile, we suggest you check out some of the best positive parenting tips to take care of a toddler.